A long winter can wreak havoc on your skin – dry air and cold temperatures can result in a dull, rough texture. We’ve been diligently moisturizing and exfoliating to keep the harsh effects of this chilly season at bay. But with spring on the horizon it’s time to refresh our skin care routine! We’ve compiled a list of the most important skin care modifications to help transition your skin care regime from winter to spring.
1. EXFOLIATE Keep up your exfoliating routine as it improves skin texture and radiance. Rather than using a scrub or brush to mechanically exfoliate opt for a gentler approach with products containing Glycolic Acid such as ProDerm AHA Night Cream or AHA BHA Lotion.
2. PROTECT It’s time to amp up the SPF! As the days get longer and the UV index rises, we need to protect our skin from the damaging effects of the sun. For daily use, opt for an SPF of 20. If you plan to spend more time outdoors up your SPF to 60. We recommend ProDerm Day Cream SPF 20 or Daytime Fluid SPF 20. In addition to its UVA/UVB blocking properties, these creams contain anti-oxidants and natural soothing agents – a great combination for protecting your skin!
3. MOISTURIZE Lighten up your moisturizer! As spring rolls around the humidity in the air increases, decreasing our need for thick creams. As the temperature warms, our complexion may become oily and prone to acne breakouts. Moisturizing is still important year round as it protects the integrity of our skin and improves tone and elasticity. We suggest swapping out your heavier night creams for lighter, mattifying versions, particularly if you have oily or acne prone skin. Liftense LTL is a light textured anti-aging lotion that includes a concentrated peptide complex and ingredients chosen for their anti-wrinkle, repairing, hydrating, and lifting actions.
4. TONE Spring is an excellent time to pamper yourself. Going the extra mile to give your skin a boost is as easy as a weekly clay mask. Clay is a natural exfoliant and softener. It helps to keep your skin clear by soaking up extra oil and unclogging pores. ProDerm’s Terreus Masque is a great option to create a matte appearance and maintain the radiance of your skin.
5. GLOW The earth radiates in spring as the ice melts, the grass greens, and the flowers blossom. You too can get a beautiful glow with ProDerm’s Summer 365, a gradual self-tanner for the face and body. This luxurious, soothing formula also contains antioxidants and applies easily for a gradual and even tanned look. The light scent of this cream is possible because it is free of the malodorous ingredient found in most self-tanners. Self-tanning creams provide a healthy alternative to achieving sun-kissed skin without the risks associated with sun exposure.